Our very own Angela DeCarlis returns to team up with The Stepping Stones, a husband-and-wife team from Melbourne who will play their own distinctive contra melodies for our dancing pleasure.
Caller Joey Norton of St. Petersburg is calling to the music of ‘Joe and Friends’. ‘Joe and Friends’ is:• James Shepherd on fiddle,• Rich Crew on recorder and fiddle• Bill Dudley on guitar; and• Joe DePaolo on drums. Date: Saturday,
The Wind That Shakes The Barley is back for another engagement at our annual Talk Like A Pirate dance with caller Joe DePaolo. So get ready to kick up your heels Saturday, Sept 21st, 2019 from 6:45-10 pm.
Caller Joey Norton of St. Petersburg is calling to the music of Loco-Motion. Loco-Motion is:
• Sarah Mitchell on flute, hammered dulcimer & various noisy objects (feet, whistle, drum);
• Sherry Lowe on keyboard;
• Kathy Aagaard on fiddle; and
• Joe DePaolo on drums.
July 20th, 2019: Stan Prince and Category Five. Category Five is:
• David Massey – piano
• Marietta Massey – banjo
• Kathie Aagaard – fiddle
• Sarah Mitchell – hammered dulcimer, flute, foot rhythm
Vicki Morrison will be calling to the music of Loco-Motion.
A real old-time Gainesville band, The Fish Camp Cutups, are returning to the stage to play for contra dancers and Gainesville caller Jonathan King on May 18th 2019. The Fish Camp Cutups are:* Lloyd Baldwin on fiddle* Brent Baldwin on banjo* Inslee Baldwin on
Feb 16, 2019: Tom Greene & The Mourning Glories. The Mourning Glories are:
• Chelsea Carnes – vocals, mandolin
• Tony Dickens – banjo, guitar
• Katrina Dickens – fiddle, vocals
• Chris Nielubowicz – 12-string, backup vocals
• John David Eriksen – Cello
Joe De Paolo from New York will be calling contra dances
to the live music of The Dunehoppers from St Augustine
Laine teams up with local favorite band Possum Trot on Saturday, Dec 15th, 2018 at the Thelma Boltin Center in Gainesville.
Possum Trot is:
* Pete Sucsy, banjo and guitar;
* Laura Price, fiddle;
* Benny McDowell, piano;
* Eleta Sucsy, penny whistle; and
* Kai Sucsy, percussion.